Girl with the Arrow
Kianu Class of 2008 (May-June 2008)
For this month's GWTA, each senior was asked
two questions. 1. What are you planning to do after graduation? and 2. Where
do you see yourself in ten years?
Their responses are below. Good luck to all the seniors! We hope life after
graduation treats you well.
The 2008 Kianu Seniors
Bates (Education major)
- I am planning to find a teaching position in Ohio (if anyone knows of
any openings let me know:) and saving my money so that I can buy a place
- In 10 years I see myself working as a 3rd grade teacher and living in
a nice house and doing the things that I love. I also plan to be traveling
during the summers!
Laura Brehm (Education major)
Ashley Burkett (Environmental Science and Geology major)
(Keri) Clapper (Accounting and Business major)
- After graduation, I'm planning on staying around home and getting a job.
Something that makes me happy and pays some moolah! =)
- In ten years, I see myself having a happy, successful job. Also, a husband
and a couple little boogers running around!
(Ali) DeBold (Business major)
- After graduation, I will be moving to Columbus (with the rest of the Muskingum/Kianu
alums) I got a job with Teamwork Solutions
in the Upper Arlington area but the rest of my plans are still TBA for now...I
was busy with Relay for Life so now that it is done I can plan the rest
of my life! =)
- In 10 years I hope to be happy, successful, and still as close with my
Kianu sisters as I am now!! =) hehe* 10 years is a long time...I have no
clue where I'll be!!
Dutton (Political Science major)
- After graduation I will be working and living at home until mid July then
I will be moving to Pittsburgh.
- In ten years- hopefully I will be happy and love my career. I hope to
have a MBA or a law degree. I might be married in ten years too.
Melissa Fetz (Marketing/Business major)
Courtney Freeland (Speech Communications major)
Alex Gaddis (Business and Economics major)
Herron (Special Education major)
- After graduation, I am planning to move to Columbus with my best friend
Sarah Reams and hopefully get a teaching job as an intervention specialist
- In ten years I see myself living in the Columbus area, maybe married and
maybe thinking about kids :)
Irvine (Accounting and Business major)
- After graduation I am moving back to Marysville where I will be working
at Holbrook & Manter as
a staff accountant. I will be living at home for a couple of years. During
these couple years I will continue taking courses so I will have enough
credit hours to sit for my CPA exam. I hope to begin my CPA exam in the
beginning of 2009.
- In ten years I hope to have my CPA certification. I hope to still be working
in a public accounting office doing investment, consulting, and/or tax work.
I also hope to be married at this time. I have no plans about where I want
to live, I am pretty much open to living anywhere. I hope that in ten years
I will still be in contact with many of my sisters, especially the girls
in my senior class. I am going to miss all of them so much!
Mills (Education major)
- Upon Graduation in May, I will be traveling to Myrtle Beach with my family
for a summer vacation and Graduation gift. I will then be working at the
Columbus Zoo in the Conservation Education
department as an instructor. It was a blast last summer, so I look forward
to having another great summer close to home. Everyone should definitely
come visit! :) As the summer winds down, I will be teaching somewhere in
the fall as a high school math teacher. I am currently applying and interviewing
for teaching jobs, so I will keep everyone posted as to where I end up!
- In 10 years, I see myself settled down somewhere in Ohio - hopefully with
the start of a family. I know that I do not want to move too far from home
or here, so most likely I will still be close. I also hope to have settled
into a teaching position at a school district that I enjoy working in. Regardless
of where I am though, I will make to sure to come back to Muskingum to visit
- especially the Kianu house! :)
Amy Rutledge (Graduated early- December 2007; Journalism
Katie Schumacher (Art, Business, and Digital Media Design major)
Steck (Business and Public Relations major)
- After graduation I will be moving back home with the 'rents for a bit
to save up money, and will hopefully have a job in the business field somewhere
in the Cleveland area.
- In 10 years I will hopefully be married and have a kid or two. At that
point I hope to be well traveled, but I will probably still be in Cleveland
because that is where all my family lives. Hopefully I will be happy and
healthy and content in life. :)
Stragisher (Speech Communications major)
- Following graduation, I will spend the summer as an intern for the WNBA's
San Antonio Silver Stars.
I will be in Texas until the conclusion of the WNBA season which should
be sometime in October. I'm so excited about this as it has always been
my dream to be involved in the WNBA. And if any sisters that live in Texas
are reading this, please get ahold of me. It's gonna suck being so far away
- In ten years, I would like to be a head basketball coach for a college
or be coaching in the WNBA. Hopefully I'll be living somewhere warm (this
Ohio weather just isn't for me.) I also hope that I still keep in touch
with all of my Kianu friends and I get to baby-sit their kids. :)
Swann (Business major)
- I am moving to Westervile (Columbus) with my boyfriend, Thad Youngen (younger
brother to fellow XAN sister Cari (Youngen) Edwards). I will be working
as a credit manager for Wells
- In 10 years I hope to be happily married with a child or two. I would
also like to be on my way to owning my own coffee shop/bookstore. I also
hope to still be in touch with the fabulous Kianus!
Synk (Business and Accounting major)
- After graduation, I am moving back to Strongsville to finish up some credit
hours in order to sit for my CPA exam. After that, I hope to start working
for an accounting firm, more than likely in Philadelphia, PA.
- In ten years, I plan on having my CPA and being well established in an
accounting firm. I also plan on being happily married within the next few
years to a fellow Muskie from the MACE Club who is also part of the class
of 2008. A couple of kids may even be in the picture as well :). I also
want to have said that I was able to accomplish all that I had intended
to by that point and to be able to thoroughly enjoy my 20s as a strong career
woman as I move into my 30s with many more wonderful years to come.
Bonnie Whitt (Biology major)
If you would like to nominate someone for this profile (active or alumna),
please e-mail ruthcseaman(at)gmail(dot)com with your selection. Changes are
made as nominations are received.
To see other honorees, click on month:
Last Update: May 2008